Let’s be real: No fang fan tuned into The Vampire Diaries Christmas special with the expectation that the show’s main characters would get to enjoy a bit of yuletide cheer. After all, the last time the series aired a holiday special, we witnessed Klaus get his jolly on by murdering twelve hybrids and drowning Carol Lockwood all while classic carols streamed in the background.
However, though we figured romantic debacles and violence among the Gemini family members would come into play, no one expected the dreaded C word to make an appearance. You know….cancer. Let’s just say poor Caroline Forbes and the Sheriff won’t be hanging their stockings by the chimney with care this year; they have bigger issues to worry about a.k.a. finding a cure for Liz. And in case that wasn’t depressing enough, Matt Donovan, who had his little heart set on staking Enzo, has found himself at the vamp’s mercy; Kai Parker has siphoned all the power from the Traveler’s anti-magic border and abducted Elena as part of his wicked scheme; and Bonnie Bennett continues to remain trapped in Bizarro 1994 World. These are some merry times, indeed.
Thus, in anticipation of the Vampire Diaries‘ return in 2015, we chatted with executive producer Caroline Dries about what viewers can expect in terms of supernatural drama. From Bonnie’s return to the status of Steroline’s relationship to Delena’s potential reunion, she had plenty of juicy spoilers to tease! Check out our exclusive interview below for the latest details.
Caroline Dries: You know how we have all that news about the Sony hack going on? Well, Julie is like Sony Hack 2.0; she spoiled the whole rest of the season. [Laughs.] What I can say is that Bonnie is in the process of basically being in hell. Unlike being trapped on the Other Side [in Season 5], where she had access to our plane of existence and sort of participate in her friends’ lives indirectly, she’s stuck in a repeating loop of the same day and it’s driving her insane. As we saw in the mid-season finale, she just couldn’t take it anymore and burned a Christmas tree down. So she’s going to suffer, and then ultimately accept the challenge [at hand] and become a stronger person in order to heck out of there. She’s going to face some obstacles before seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but she’s going to come back a different Bonnie for sure. (continue below)
Sunday, December 28, 2014
"He has a chip on his shoulder for Elena and Damon, but especially Damon having been stranded by him in the prison world. So he feels like getting at Damon via Elena is the perfect revenge. But he also has a more pointed reason for having her that he's trying to—well, I won't give that away! But having sucked up all that magic from Mystic Falls has repercussions even for him. He needs Elena's help with that."
"I can tease that we will finally see them come face-to-face soon and we'll continue to watch their relationship evolve. Their separation won't last forever. You just have to have patience."- Says Julie Plec
- Another mysterious lady is making her way to Mystic Falls in 2015.
"Lily will first appear in Episode 6.15"
- After the events of the mid-season finale, we will not see anything of The Vampire Diaries until January 22, however, the executive producer Julie Plec has revealed on his twitter account some spoilers of what awaits us in the second half of season 6.
- Two Gemini withches, whether or Jo and Kai or Luke and Liv, will merge
- We will get to know the real Sarah Salvatore.
- Bonnie will return to the present - somehow changed.
- There will be flashbacks of younger versions of Stefan and Caroline, obviously separately.
- Caroline experience with the functionality of vampire blood.
- Enzo meets a girl.
- Matt will found his true calling in life.
- More than one person will die.
- Stefan Salvatore manages to fix a friendship ... and then something more.
- Elena receives a proposal that could change her life forever.
-There will be a connection, a breakup and a reconciliation - not necessarily for the same partner.
- Alaric will fall in love.
- We will see Damon in 1858.
- Tyler takes a position on behalf his girl.
- Bonnie celebrates her birthday.
- There will be many kisses. For more than a couple.
Hello again! I have been busy for the past months but now I am back again to continue with this amazing blog. Thanks to those of you who have keep visiting this website because now we have more than 30.000 views! Thank you so so much, really.