Sunday, April 28, 2013

Joseph Morgan talks about The Originals 4x20

SPOILER ALERT!



In an interview with Zap2it the actor talks about the episode on Thursday, expectations of a possible new series and the story behind "The Originals".


Zap2it: "The Originals" airs tomorrow! There has been much anticipation for this series. Are you nervous?
Morgan: I'm really excited. I am interested, because I've seen the pilot which was presented to the chain and study, but that is a different version to be issued. The chapter will give you a bit of "Vampire Diaries" instead of just "The Originals." It has extra scenes. Is that the chain and the studio really like, but will depend on the reactions of the people. I really hope that people will respond to the new characters and the story presented. Now I'm ready to be there. I'm tired of not knowing what is going on. I think it's time for people to see. There has been a lot of support and expectation, I count the days until the fans are rewarded.

Klaus's relationship with Elijah and Rebekah is as bad as it ever was. At this point, it is hard to imagine them deciding to move to New Orleans as one big happy family. Will it improve your relationship during this chapter?
Morgan: Things are definitely becoming more complicated, but not if that is progress or not. At the beginning of the chapter, we feel like there's a line. Klaus is in an extreme Rebekah is on the other, and Elijah is in the middle, the great mediator. He is trying to put together things in the family, but I think the most interesting thing about "The Originals" is that its dynamics is complicated. There are certainly mutual hatred, there are things that you think they never forgive, but also love. As an actor, makes the conscious decision that there is love. When he said those terrible things to Rebekah - "You're not my family, not my sister, you're nothing to me" - I think I have to make him go somewhere where he shuts his emotions. He put a wall around it feels for her. Those are the things that make it really interesting. I do not know if the relationship is going well or not, but it will have more layers.

Tell us about some of the new characters to meet. Camille [Leah Pipes], which has been established as a love interest for Klaus, is the human figure in the series. From what we've heard, she's not a naive Elena Gilbert.
Morgan: "The Originals" was released as a series darker and more adult, and Camille embodies that. She is the only regular human character in the series, but it is badly damaged. The characters in "Vampire Diaries," at first, had experienced the tragedy, but they came with a very innocent. She is getting much more sick, with an understanding of the dark. I have a scene suited to it and think it's one of the best jobs I've done. Although they do not say much on the scene, it was a challenge for me. I like working with Leah. Julie interesting decisions. It is a beautiful girl, but for me, not like most fans who watch the show, for example. She is a fantastic character.

We will meet Marcel [Charles Michael Davis], who has been holding the fort in New Orleans. For the trailer, it seems that Klaus is ready to overthrow him.
Morgan: There's a story there, there is a friendship, but Klaus is envious of what Marcel has been achieved in their absence. Klaus is far more powerful to be an Original vampire, and a hybrid. Marcel is just a vampire, created by Klaus. But what Marcel has to Klaus does not have is that army. Directs the city, goes to the vampires, the witches have in the palm of your hand. They can not do magic without his say. What it lacks in personal power, it makes up influence. If things blow up between them, that's where the challenge is. Klaus is an army of one man, but Marcel has an army.

Sounds like Marcel has managed to create the family that Klaus wanted, but could not create hybrids.
Morgan: That's very clever of you, yes, because that's where they come from totally envy and jealousy. The characters respond to him, he is charismatic. Klaus did not have that, and can not understand. Beware of people, people betrayed, and he betrays them. He does not have the leadership qualities that Marcel has. He envy the charisma that kid has.

Is there a lot of talk about Caroline in this chapter? If Klaus is preparing to move to New Orleans, I imagine that she would be more motivated to stay in Mystic Falls.
Morgan: Reference is made in the chapter. Klaus refers to that. It's not like you're in a new place and is like, "Well, forget it!" . I think Klaus would be ideal for her to come to New Orleans, he is still in love with her. It will present a new love interest and immediately go, "Hey, that girl he is with now". They respect the fans enough to keep Caroline and potentially work on some crossovers.

Could there be a last minute twist, with Candice Accola joining "The Originals"?
Morgan: I think "Vampire Diaries" Caroline losing greatly suffer Forbes. I really feel that it would be good for the series, in my view, to come to "The Originals," and we have to keep the balance now that the world is bigger. There are two sets to maintain, potentially, so it could be a bit of a long distance relationship, if any, for a while.

What about Hayley [Phoebe Tonkin]? Is a potential love interest for Klaus, or was it just a one time?
Morgan: I think it's one-time thing. I think it will be some resolution, some of the consequences of his adventure in the chapter. We'll see how they feel about it and how it affects them. He is not trying to revive it, and I think it either. I really loved that to happen between them because just goes to show the nature of the character of Klaus failures. I think it was a very bold and writers Julie because absolutely knew the implications, the reaction of all the fans. Fans Klaus and Caroline hate that, but he has always been a flawed character. It is by no means perfect. He has made more mistakes in his life that hundreds of people together, so show it making a mistake like that - I mean, it's a boy, show responding to his nature, his instincts - I think that is a correct decision and brave. I supported that.

Now that Klaus is the protagonist of the series, should we expect to see him as the hero of his story, and still retaining its status as villain?
Morgan: I think I would go so far as to say anti-hero. He is definitely a hero. Does terrible things in the pilot takes one of the most shameful emotional decisions that we have seen take. He is not the villain of this piece. Never would have thought the guy who came and offered to Aunt Jenna could have his own series. I think as long as we show the cracks, the glimpses of vulnerability, we will support. It is an anti-hero. I think if I mean anything, is that if it becomes a series, the story eventually could be the story of the salvation of Klaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment