The screeners gods have gifted us with a look at The Vampire Diaries‘ Season 5 premiere, and we simply couldn’t keep to ourselves about Elena and Caroline’s “functional” college fresh start.
Here are 11 teasers about Elena and Damon’s summer of love, Silas’ mission, Matt’s wild times, Katherine’s blisters (yep!) and more.
• The episode is called “I Know What You Did Last Summer,” and we’ll find out what everyone’s been up during the period thanks to some back-and-forth emails between Bonnie (via Jeremy’s help) and Elena, who’s spent the three months getting hot-n-heavy with Damon every chance she got, it seems.
• Matt lost two important things during his very steamy summer abroad, one of which will cause trouble for him. Let’s just say executive producer Caroline Dries is making good on her promise that the busboy is not a peripheral character this season.
• Silas, who has his sights set one specific goal, doesn’t waste too much time pretending to be Stefan.
• Like Felicity and every college show ever, Elena and Caroline’s three-person dorm room is ridiculously large… and has its own bathroom!
RELATED | The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Cast — Janina Gavankar as Tessa
• Yes, we said three-person room. Since unbeknownst to them Bonnie is dead, Elena and Caroline get a mysterious new roommate, and the blonde immediately doesn’t take a liking to her.
• Katherine is human now, but rest assured she hasn’t lost any of her spark. Case in point: “I’m weak, and I’m slow. Do you have any idea what it’s like to run in heels? I have blisters.”
• Damon and Jeremy share a scene that may just make you forget about the time the vamp tried to kill Elena’s little bro and instead go, “Awww.”
• Tyler is MIA because, apparently, a wolf pack in Tennessee really needs his help.
• Although Elena is definitely with Damon, Stelena ‘shippers will still get a little something to tide them over.
• Bonnie’s scream during that scene from the Comic-Con sizzle reel is for a very horrifying reason.
• You know what puts a major damper on your first college rager? Not being able to enter the party because you need to be invited in. On the other hand, maybe that’s for the best….